About the Magdalene Project
- The Magdalene Project is an independent Christian counselling service covering East Lancashire, specialising in sexual trauma and abuse, working with all ages, gender, ethnicity, religion and social background, irrespective of their ability to pay. We work within the Codes of Ethics and Practice of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy and the Association of Christian Counsellors. A team of professionals ensure a safe, warm, and comforting environment where each person is welcomed without judgement and without time constraints. Due to being a small Charity, our resources limit us to how many people we can work with at any one time, and we are wholly reliant on external funding and donations from supporters and clients.
- The Magdalene Project aims to deliver effective interpersonal counselling services from within the Christian ethos; specialising in supporting the survivors of sexual trauma/abuse and their carers, promoting the development of expertise and good practice in all related areas.
- To bring effective relief from trauma of persons who have suffered or are suffering any sort of sexual abuse or related problems through the provision of a specialised counselling service.
- To advance, where applicable, individuals self-acceptance, sense of well-being and fulfilment through understanding Christian principles.
- To promote and where possible enable practical expression of individuals purpose and creativity as part of their wider community.
- To provide relevant teaching, training and supervision to facilitate the above.
What is the Magdalene Project?
- The Project was set up in recognition of present-day needs in our society.
- It seeks to give a professional and confidential service to all in need of such help.
Code of Conduct and Management
- The Magdalene Project is an independent counselling service working within the Code of Ethics and Practice of the Association of Christian Counsellors and The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- The Project is managed by an experienced team with a wide variety of work and church backgrounds.
- Our Counsellors are fully trained and accredited through recognised training programmes offered by the Association of Christian Counsellors and The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
We have Offices at:
11 Irwell Terrace, Bacup OL13 9AW
28 Carr Road, Nelson BB9 7JS
For all enquiries please call 01706 870939