About the Magdalene Project
- The Magdalene Project aims to deliver effective interpersonal counselling services from within the Christian ethos; specialising in supporting the survivors of sexual trauma/abuse and their carers, promoting the development of expertise and good practice in all related areas.
- To bring effective relief from trauma of persons who have suffered or are suffering any sort of sexual abuse or related problems through the provision of a specialised counselling service.
- To advance, where applicable, individuals self-acceptance, sense of well-being and fulfilment through understanding Christian principles.
- To promote and where possible enable practical expression of individuals purpose and creativity as part of their wider community.
- To provide relevant teaching, training and supervision to facilitate the above.
What is the Magdalene Project?
- The Project was set up in recognition of present-day needs in our society.
- It seeks to give a professional and confidential service to all in need of such help.
Code of Conduct and Management
- The Magdalene Project is an independent counselling service working within the Code of Ethics and Practice of the Association of Christian Counsellors and The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- The Project is managed by an experienced team with a wide variety of work and church backgrounds.
- Our Counsellors are fully trained and accredited through recognised training programmes offered by the Association of Christian Counsellors and The British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy.