Tuesday, November 21, 2017

There is no safe way to get 'high' by inhaling volatile substances such as solvents.

Anyone abusing volatile substances puts themselves at risk of death which can happen on first time use, or after frequent use. When mixing with other drugs including alcohol the risks may be increased.

The effects can vary from one person to another so it is difficult to predict the effects on the individual; a high can last anything from a few minutes to just over half an hour. Mild hangovers or headaches can occur after the immediate effects wear off.

When they are inhaled, gases, solvents and aerosols have an almost immediate effect. The substances, which are soluble in body fat, enter the blood stream directly from the lungs and they rapidly reach the brain and other organs.

They have a depressant effect on the central nervous system; depression or aggressiveness are frequently mentioned as linked to excessive use.

When high from Solvent Abuse, effects may include slurred speech, the inability to co-ordinate movements, euphoria, dizziness, lethargy. Nausea and vomiting are also common side effects during or shortly after use and users have reported suffering from sneezing, coughing, nose bleeds, tinnitus (ringing in the ears).

Solvent Abuse can also cause altered perception, anaesthesia - loss of sensation and unconsciousness, disorientation, hallucinations and delusions.

WE ARE HERE TO HELP
CALL US NOW! 01706 870939

Contact The Magdalene Project

PO Box 39, Bacup. OL13 8AF
01706 870939
07914 263176
07854 752902

Please consider a Donation

Financial gifts, however small or large, enable us to meet our costs and plan for future development and new projects. Thank you for your support.

Donate with JustGiving
Registered Charity Number: 1168786

Join our Mailing List

Sign up to receive our regular Prayer Letters